Lake Placid Golf
Golf - Lake Placid, New York
The wild blue and green space of the Adirondack Mountains is the perfect setting to live a golf experience during your visit to Lake Placid. The whole region contains 3,000 ponds and lakes from which at least 240 are near Lake Placid. Over 2,000 miles of hiking trails and many golf courses to enjoy a challenge.
Cedar-lined fairways and rolling greens are the signature of golf courses located within the Adirondacks. The name of the most renowned golf crafters are engraved here. PGA Professionals such as Craig Wood and Alistair Mackenzie, as well as Robert Trent Jones, John Van Kleek, and Seymour Dunn are the masters whose golf legacy is found at the Lake Placid and surrounding golf camps.
National Golf Camps
This golf course is considered the number one in the United States in the junior category, and headed by PGA professionals who have won the "PGA Teacher of The Year Award" in 2001 and 2002. For Children and teens, the National Golf Camps offers professional instruction designed for ages 8 to 17 years old. However, the golf course is designed not only for beginners, but also for the serious golfers, so adults can also enjoy it.
Craig Wood Golf and Country Club
This 18 hole public golf course built in 1926 is nestled contiguous to the Lake Placid Mountains offering scenic views and excellent challenges for experienced golfers, although novices can also enjoy the open fairways. The layout was designed by Seymour Dunn and the greens are medium size. Open season runs from May 13 to Oct. 31.
Lake Placid Club Resort, Executive Course
This resort features two 18-hole courses and one 9-hole course. One is a scenic mountain Course built in 1909 by Seymour Dunn on uneven rolling hills, but redesigned by Alister Mackenzie in later years. Fairways are narrow and greens are made of bent grass. Open Season runs from May 15 to October 15
Kingswood Golf Club
Nestled between the Adirondack Mountains and the Vermont Green Mountains, this 18 hole championship golf course offers a challenge for golfers of all abilities, with bent grass fairways and greens including water hazards and undulating hills. Golf shop, Club Grille and Golf Lessons are also available.
Whiteface Inn Resort and Club
Considered as one of the best courses in the northern United States, the Whiteface course is a scenic course built on rolling hills in 1898, and designed by John Van Kleek, featuring narrow bent grass fairways and medium-sized undulating greens, which are difficult to read. A peculiar characteristic is the pond that comes into play on hole 14, a 218-yard, and par 3. Golfers will find the signature at hole 6, a 490-yard, par 5 that requires a tee shot directly, then from off an elevated tee to a dogleg left fairway. The season runs from May 10 to Oct 15.
Saranac Inn and Country Club
This is another favorite golf destination located only 20 miles from Lake Placid. This course was designed by the Scottish architect Seymour Dunn using natural terrain to provide first-class golfing experience to golfers, including all the services of a private country club.
Other courses near Lake Placid are these:
- Adirondack Miniature Golf- Lake Luzerne
- Around the World Miniature Golf- Lake George
- Ausable Valley Golf Course- Ausable Forks
- Bay Meadows Corp. - Glens Falls
- Brantingham Golf Course- Brantingham
- Cedar River Golf Course- Indian Lake
- Clinton Fine Golf Course- Star Lake
- Coble Hill Golf Course- Elizabethtown
- Cronin's Golf Resort- Warrensburg
- Eagle Crest Golf Club- Clifton Park
- Exit 17 Golf- Gansevoort
- Gift World-Gooney Golf- Lake George
- Green Mansions Country Club Estates- Chestertown
- Hiland Golf Club and Banquet Facilities- Queensbury
- Hillbilly Fun- Fort Ann
- Indoor Miniature Golf- Lake George
- Inlet Golf Club- Inlet
- Kingswood Golf Properties, Inc. - Hudson Falls
- Lake George Beach Miniature Golf- Lake George
- Loon Lake Inn and Golf Club- Loon Lake
- Magic Castle Indoor Golf- Lake George
- Malone Golf Course- Malone
- Moriah Country Club Golf Course- Port Henry
- Narrows Restaurant and Mini Golf- Schroon Lake
- Nutty Putty Miniature Golf- Old Forge
- Putters Minature Golf- Plattsburgh
- Putts N Prizes- Lake George
- Queensbury Country Club, Inc- Lake George
- Schroon Lake Golf Course- Schroon Lake
- Sunnyside Par 3 Golf Course- Queensbury
- Tee Bird Country Club- Fort Edward
- The Barracks- Plattsburgh Base
- Thendara Golf Club- Old Forge
- Ticonderoga Golf Course- Ticonderoga
- Top of the World Golf Course- Lake George
- Tupper Lake Country Club- Tupper Lake
- Wakely Lodge Golf Course- Indian Lake
- Wegewood Par 3 Golf Course- Fort Edward
- Westport Golf Course- Westport
- Willsboro Golf Club- Willsboro